Dear Mr Lawell
I am writing to you today with an utter feeling of dread.
Having heard the news that today’s SPL meeting has now been rescheduled for the 30th of May due to a member Chairman having insufficient knowledge to make an informed decision, and Rangers Administrators asking for more time and the 11 present voters agreeing to this I felt the need to contact you.
You see I can sympathise with that Chairman (John Yorkston) for I too am in a similar situation. I recently received my Season Ticket renewal form, and as you are aware, the deadline for returning this is the 18th of May.
Now, I may be becoming cynical in my old age however, I am also wanting to gain knowledge on a subject before sending back my renewal form and committing £600 x 2 to Celtic FC.
At the very least I would expect the deadline of the 18th to be extended until the votes have become apparent.
How does Celtic intend to vote regarding allowing / disallowing a “newco” direct entry into the SPL ?
Please do not flannel me we with “Celtic shall vote in a way that benefits our shareholders” as this does not necessarily mean you will be voting in a way that is morally correct, nor would it mean you were listening to the majority of Celtic fans, nor indeed the majority of other right minded football fans in Scotland.
I realise that the custodians of the club often try to tug on the fans heart strings and rely heavily on the faithful through and through mentality. Not returning to Celtic Park will indeed break my heart, but it will be in the knowledge that I refuse to be led along by 11 men who have deliberately agreed to constantly postpone making any decisions, in the hope of dragging out making the only decision that many Celtic fans are waiting for until the “moneys in the till”.
Will Celtic FC be voting a “newco” direct entry to the SPL ?
A clear yes or no would suffice in helping me make my mind up. If you cannot answer this simple question in an open, clear and honest manner then I will only be able to surmise that Celtic have something to hide and I fear I know what that would be. If that was to be the case then I would not be endorsing such a decision anyway, and I’m sure I will enjoy my first summer holiday abroad with my family with the extra £1200 expenditure I will have in my pocket.
Dear Mr Lawell