How do we get the SFL Clubs to say NoToNewco in Div one ?

June 25, 2012

This latest piece of bawbaggery decided by a handful of men Messrs Regan, Doncaster and  Longmuir behind closed doors to re-jig the current set up of Scottish football to allow sevco a company with no players and no licence to participate in Scottish football as yet access to SFL Division one rather than abide to the existing rules which would mean them applying for membership of the SFA and SFL then starting off in Div 3 is scandalous to say the least.

To give Mr Longmuir his Due he has stated that the time scale for such a reconstruction to be in place for the new season may not be achievable. However I can’t see Mr Regan and Mr Doncaster holding fire unless they are firmly told by fans of the lower divisions that this idea is not on. Not this year and not any year.

Now my problem is to my shame that I don’t know any fans of the SFL clubs never mind anyone who is convener of any SFL supporters clubs. So I’m asking the question “How do we get the SFL Clubs to say NoToNewco in Div one”?.

I’m hoping that Celtic fans who read this do know people in positions that can help influence supporters of SFL clubs to get together and tell their boards that they will not stand for this in the same way SPL supporters have successfully pressurised their boards to reject a newco in the SPL.

I am a supporter of SPL 1 & 2 Along with a pyramid system in Scottish football. I feel it would improve the game and generate more interest in play offs for promotion to SPL 1&2. However if this is rushed through just to benefit 1 club then I’m dead against it.

My hope is that SPL 1 & 2 are in position for the start of season 2013/14 so that the transition can be managed in a proper and fit manner that respects professionalism in our game. By that time Sevco will probably have progressed to the new Division 1 and ready to have a crack in season 2014/15 to gain honest promotion to SPL 2.

Anything other than this is a sham and once again leaves a stain on the integrity of our national sport.. So if anyone knows followers of SFL clubs please attempt to put the case to them that saying No to Newco in Division one this coming season is a negative move for Scottish football.

It’s been said by many before me but we simply can’t change the rules to suit one club and a poor TV deal.

Monday Rant over.

INTERVIEW WITH Mr Longmuir

Comments

1. dombhoy67 - June 25, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Good call, though I don’t think that there would be opposition to any suggestion that a newco Sevco team should begin life in the Third Division. Just not sure how organised the SFL are. They may have to e mail or write to their own Chairmen to oppose this sham of a move by Reagan. I only hope they do this as individuals if not collectively.

2. dombhoy67 - June 25, 2012 at 1:03 pm

3. Jamiebhoy1986 - June 25, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Teams such as Livingston and Dundee who were heavily punished for “Insolvency events” by relegation to Div 3 and a 25 point deduction respectively will not allow this to happen nor will the clubs who were either relegated or promoted due to their performances on the football pitch & would have to surrender their respective place in their league due to the hasty reconstruction work required to accomodate a club with 1 confirmed player (Lee McThugloch) and have not played a match of any form. So I don’t think it would take a lot to convince the majority of lower league clubs to object.

The risk of losing a crap TV deal which was only offered due to Setanta’s demise in 2009 is one that has to be taken for the sake of morality & sporting integrity which has been placed beneath pound signs for too long

As for clubs like Motherwell & Kilmarnock whose greed led to said ill fated deal with Setanta in 2004 and who now claim they need the money that travelling Sevco/Rangers 2012 supporters bring to their clubs or they risk administration or worse, then they should concentrate on trying to fill the ground with their own fans because if Sevco/Rangers 2012 is allowed back in due to their votes then any money gained by Sevco/Rangers 2012 support attendances will be negated by Celtic fans (myself included) boycotting their grounds so therefore would still risk an “Insolvency Event” taking place.

Regarding the silence from Celtic Park on the whole Newco vote issue, it is my opinion that Celtic will indeed vote against due to the fact that they know they would lose vast amounts of season ticket income if they did otherwise and as Napoleon once said “Never interrupt your enemies while they are making mistakes”

4. Jamiebhoy1986 - June 25, 2012 at 1:07 pm

5. jim - June 25, 2012 at 10:51 pm

I’m a MFC fan and all us non Club12 fans should get right behind every supporter organisation across all divisions and show solidarity to Div 1 and 2 clubs who are now saying “No to the Newco”.

6. jim - June 25, 2012 at 10:51 pm