Celtic 2 Hibernian 2 As I seen it.

Welcome to September the month we kick off our Champions League campaign.

First up today is a ‘top of the table’ clash with Hibernian at Celtic park where no doubt our new signings will be paraded at one point. It’s time for the team to banish all thoughts from Thursdays draw in Monaco and get down to the business of winning the bread and butter games of the SPL.

A very much changed Celtic side. Starts for Tony Watt and Fillip Twardzik

Celtic: Forster; Matthews, Lustig, Wilson (c), Izaguirre; Forrest, Wanyama, F. Twardzik, McCourt; Watt, Hooper

subs: Zaluska, Commons, Slane, Irvine, McGregor, Chalmers, Fraser

Ten minutes into the game and Mikel Lustig makes it 1 – 0 to Celtic from a corner. shortly after Philip Twardzik brings out a good save from the Hibs keeper from a free kick. 19 mins in and Celtic in total control. Forrest very unlucky hitting the bar from outside the box. 25 mins gone and Victor Wanyama forces a great save from the Hibs keeper. 28 mins gone and Forrest unlucky with a good shot from 25 yards.

31 mins and a great move involving Izzy and Adam Mathews ends with a poor finish from Mathews, a good move all the same. 37 mins and Tony Watt breaks into the the Hibs box, tries to chip the keeper but fluffs it. 39 mins Hooper hits the post from a Mathews cross.

Second half kicks off Jackson Irvine on for Victor Wanyama. Big gamble from Lennon but I would tend to think Wanyama has taken a knock. Hibs immediately on the attack and unlucky not to score. Hibs now transformed with Celtic making some really sloppy passing. Lennon furious with the sloppy start.

Absolute mess in the Celtic box, keeper slow to come out and Hibs equalise on 52 minutes. Celtic now a shadow of the team they were in the first half. 61 mins great run from McCourt unlucky with the finish. The squad today is down to the bare bones with Commons the only real back up we have on the bench.

Sixty Seven mins and Mikel Lustig makes it 2 – 1 as Celtic finally pick up the pace of the game. Seventy minutes calamity in the Celtic defence again allowing Hibs an easy equaliser. Kris Commons now on for Paddy McCourt. 72 mins Jackson Irvine unlucky from a Commons corner. His shot took a deflection but the ref gave a by kick. 81 mins and Twardzik hits one over the bar from a Commons free kick. 86 mins and commons wins a corner which results in some scrappy play and Celtic loosing the ball.

Game over. Celtic 2 – Hibs 2. Well deserved for Hibs on their second half performance. Fortunately Celtic don’t have another game till we play away to St Johnstone on the 15/09/2012. This should give us time to get the walking wounded back to full health.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: