Disappointed And Upset
Strange headline considering our club are going through a bit of a golden era again. Decent team on the park, good manager and great financial results. I suppose this makes what happened today harder to take.
I’m still speaking to people via phone and email to try and get some perspective on the closing of section 111 today. Bearing that in mind I don’t yet have anything to say on that subject. I don’t think there is any point adding to the debate via a blog until I’m satisfied that I can give a fair account.
So here is a wee list of why I’m disappointed tonight.
- Section 111 has been closed
- A growing distrust between sections of our support and the clubs board
- Fans openly falling out on social media
- The club issuing statements that look as if they have been put together by a team of solicitors
- tensions brewing between different elements in our support
- still no feedback from the club on fans being openly harassed by the Police
- My Twitter timeline being full of Celtic fans banging on about a zombie club and their ex chairman while we actually have some problems to address ourselves.
Why am I upset ?
I’m upset because I hate it when my fellow supporters are fighting with each other. The past few weeks it’s been one thing after another dividing our support. All the money in the world is no good to our club if we don’t have clarity and unity going forward.
I hope all parties can sit down and sort this out.