The Celtic Network 2021
Hi and welcome to The Celtic Network re-booted for 2021. This site is coming out of retirement to support groups and Celtic fans who are calling for change in the way the club has been run by the football and PLC boards in recent times.
Ultimately we would like to work towards Celtic fans holding the majority of shares in the PLC, and fans representation at board level. We are also happy to consider any other business structure as an alternative to a PLC, a fans cooperative for example.
At The Celtic Network we are realists. We fully understand that it would cost tens of millions and a lot of good will to gain control in the current PLC structure. We are in this for the long haul.
For now we are concentrating on building the Celtic supporters shareholding from around 20% to 25%.
The Celtic Network Supports The Celtic Trust
As a member of the Celtic Trust we support the following principles as laid out in their constitution.
- To encourage Celtic to take proper account of the interests of its supporters, and of the community it serves, in its decisions;
- To strengthen the bonds between Celtic and the communities it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of Celtic;
- To benefit present and future members of the community served by Celtic by promoting, encouraging and furthering the game of football as a recreational facility, sporting activity and focus for community involvement;
- To encourage the Club to support the community which it serves and to honour the community objectives of the Clubs founders: in this regard the Trust accepts and supports the Social Mission statement of Celtic set out in its Charter;
- To promote support for Celtic financially and otherwise;
- To buy and hold shares in Celtic;
- To give supporters a greater opportunity to invest in Celtic;
- To encourage and promote the principle of supporter representation on the Board of Celtic and ultimately to be the vehicle for democratic elections to the Board.
From the Celtic Trust Constitution
Articles and contributors
As with the previous incarnation of this site we fully support and uphold the principle of free speech.
We are a free platform and as such we do not edit Articles or comments on this site as long as they adhere to our House rules.
If you would like to contribute articles to this site please contact us via the form below.